Terrace Safety Ltd. specializes in connecting Western Canada's energy and industrial sectors with leading edge Health & Safety Professionals.
We are currently seeking experienced Field Medics available for upcoming remote assignments across Alberta & BC. Successful candidates will, first and foremost, be experience providing leading edge emergency medical coverage in extreme & remote environments, while sharing our commitment and enthusiasm for being a top provider of preventative Health & Safety Solutions to our clients.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While working in remote or industrial locations, our Professional Field Medics will be responsible for providing our clients with the required level of emergency medical care and medical coverage. This will include the provision of emergency care for sick and injured personnel on site in addition to the routine care of non-emergency patients. They will also be committed to actively participating and promoting our client’s established occupational health and safety programs. They will be various task(s), including but not limited to:
- Being the sole point of contact for Emergency and Non-Emergency Medical situations as they arise, consulting with Medical Control as required.
- Maintaining relevant medical protocols at site
- Providing first aid response to minor injuries
- Providing stabilization and pre-hospital emergency care for medi-evac cases, liaising with medical facility as required
- Maintaining the clinic, safely store and replenishing medical supplies as required
- Setting an example and fostering enthusiasm for Health, Safety and Environment issues in accordance with the Client’s Safety Management System and helping to establish a proactive approach of enhanced HSE practices.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:*
- Must be currently registered as EMT/PCP or EMT-P/ACP with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP)and/or Emergency Medical Assistants Licensing Board of BC
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience providing remote Emergency Medical Support services in the Oil and Gas industry, with direct experience on mining, pipeline and/or construction operations strongly preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Level C </b></i>certification
- Valid Safety certifications: <b><i>H2S Alive, TDG, WHMIS, PST/CSTS,eGSO</b></i>
- Current ACLS, ITLS and/or PHTLS certifications preferred
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- As travel may be required, a valid Class 5 licence is necessary
* Copies of all certifications indicating current validity and dates of expiration to be provided upon request
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team amidst face paced & stressful environments.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Proven ability to remain open-minded and objective while successfully managing multiple projects.
- Enthusiasm for enhancing your skill set by undertaking ongoing field level medical training on rotation.
All members of the Terrace Safety Team are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package including training assistance, mentoring & long-term career development.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you are a suitable candidate,
please apply via the Careers page of our website at www.terracesafety.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.