Terrace Safety Ltd. specializes in connecting Alberta’s Oil and Gas industry with leading edge Health & Safety Professionals. We are currently seeking experienced EMT Field Medics available for upcoming remote assignments who will share our commitment and enthusiasm for being a top provider of progressive Health & Safety Solutions to our clients.
Job Title: Field Medic
Competition No: TSL-SA-03-13
Type of Position: Contract
Company: Terrace Safety Ltd.
Location: Various Locations, Western Canada
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
While working in a remote location, often accessible only via helicopter shuttle, our Professional Field Medics are responsible for providing our clients with the required level of emergency medical care and medical coverage. This will include the provision of emergency care for sick and injured personnel on site in addition to the routine care of non-emergency patients. They will also be committed to actively participating and promoting our client’s established occupational health and safety programs. Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Being the sole point of contact for Emergency and Non-Emergency Medical situations as they arise, consulting with Medical Control as required.
- Maintaining relevant medical protocols at site
- Providing first aid response to minor injuries
- Providing stabilization and pre-hospital emergency care for medi-evac cases, liaising with medical facility as required
- Maintaining the clinic, safely store and replenishing medical supplies as required
- Setting an example and fostering enthusiasm for Health, Safety and Environment issues in accordance with the Client’s Safety Management System and helping to establish a proactive approach of enhanced HSE practices.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:*
- Must be an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) currently registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) and/or the provincial licensing body in the projects' jurisdiction if outside Alberta.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience providing remote Emergency Medical Support services in the Oil and Gas industry, with direct experience on drilling operations strongly preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR Level C certification
- Valid Safety certifications: H2S Alive, TDG, WHMIS
- Current International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) and/or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification preferred
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- As travel may be required, a valid Class 5 licence is necessary.
* Copies of all certifications indicating current validity and dates of expiration to be provided upon request
- Exceptional organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in person.
- Proven ability to remain open-minded and objective while successfully managing multiple projects.
- Enthusiasm for enhancing your skill set by undertaking ongoing field level medical training on rotation.
All members of the Terrace Safety Team are rewarded with a highly competitive compensation package including training assistance, mentoring & long-term career development.
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you are a suitable candidate, please submit a completed Application Form complimented by your current personal CV/Resume
We thank all applicants for their interest but regret only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
No phone calls please.